Looking Towards the Future.
We've been celebrating for over 145 Years!
Committed to connecting all generations from every walk of life.
We look forward to you being a special part of Our Story!
O.J. Britton preached the first Gospel message in Neapolis in May of 1873. His ministry through Neapolis and surrounding communities led to many people turning toward Jesus and looking to plant churches for continued fellowship and growth. On this conviction, a group of twenty members birthed our church on June 13, 1874. The congregation adopted the practices of the Restoration Movement, a brotherhood of independent churches upholding the values, practices, and polity of New Testament Christianity.
The congregation first met in the homes of its members, and then at the local school house until finally constructing a building on the corner of Main & Central (where we are still located). A original church building was sold and moved and a new building constructed in 1927. The church added a parsonage in 1955, and constructed classrooms and an educational wing in 1957. Plans were made for a third church building in the same location in 1959, and the building was completed in time for the church's 100th anniversary in 1973.
Neapolis Church of Christ still holds its passion for sharing Christ’s message of hope to the community. With a strong vision to reach the community of Neapolis and our surrounding towns, our congregation is engaged and invested to continue the strong heritage of ministry and vision set in place nearly a century and a half ago. Together, we eagerly desire to faithfully execute the call of Christ in Neapolis for another 145 years and beyond!